Sunflower Summer App
Thank you for using this Sunflower Summer passport app (hereinafter referred to as “The Platform”). The Platform is an interactive passport tour built and operated by SLCKET, Inc. (“the Company”) in collaboration with the University of Kansas Center for Public Partnerships and Research, and the Kansas State Department of Education (individually a “Partner” and collectively the “Partners”). The app involves learning about and visiting various fun venues across the state of Kansas.
Collection and Use of Personal Information.
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. You will be asked to provide Your Personal Information when You are completing the registration process for Your Slcket Account as set forth in the section above entitled “Your Slcket Account”. You will also be required to provide Your Personal Information any time You are in contact with the Company (for example, when You contact Slcket User Support). When creating Your Slcket Account, You must provide accurate and complete information. We may combine Your Personal Information with other information to improve The Platform and Content.
Examples of Personal Information Collected by the Company.
When You create a Slcket Account, we will collect a variety of Personal Information, including, but not limited to, (i) Your first and last name; (ii) Your current cell phone number; and (iii) Your valid email address.
How the Company Uses Your Personal Information.
- The Company may use Your Personal Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve The Platform and Content, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, the Company may use Your Personal Information (e.g. Your email address, cell phone number, or other communication address) to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or about upcoming improvements to The Platform. Because this information is important to Your interaction with the Company, You may not opt out of receiving these communications. The Company may use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve user experience and the overall quality of The Platform.
- The Company may use Personal Information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve The Platform, and customer communications.
Storage and Protection of Your Personal Information.
- The Company may use various technologies to collect and store information when You use The Platform, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to Your computing device.
- The Company may also maintain a record of Your communication with the Company to help solve any issues You might experience. In the event You are experiencing problems with The Platform, please contact Slcket User Support at email@example.com.
- The Company is very serious about the protection of Your Personal Information. Your date of birth (if voluntarily provided), cell phone number, and email address will be stored by the Company in an encrypted or non-invertible form, using a commercially supported encryption solution (collectively, Your “Encrypted Content”). Your full name may be stored in a non-encrypted form, but will not be combined with the Encrypted Content.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information.
The Company also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific person. The Company may collect, use, transfer, sell and disclose non-personal information for any purpose to any individual or business.
Examples of Non-Personal Information Collected by the Company.
- The Company may collect non-personal information such as language, right or left handedness, zip code, area code, device-specific information (such as Your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifier, and mobile network information), non-exact location, age range, and the time zone where The Platform is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve The Platform.
- The Company may collect and store information in server logs regarding user activities on The Platform, including, but not limited to, details of how You use The Platform, IP address, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, Your access and use of The Platform, including date and time, referral URL, and cookies that may uniquely identify Your browser or any account information for You. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of The Platform are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non‑personal information for the purposes of this Agreement.
- When You use a location-enabled service on The Platform, we may collect and process information about Your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS signals sent by a mobile device, and other sensors for purposes of providing an improved user experience. For example, the Company may use Your GPS location to provide game features that are in close proximity to Your actual location. The Company may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from User’s device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- If you add children to Your Account for the purposes of obtaining paid-for admission into various venues, the Company will collect non-personally identifiable information about each child including grade level, and school district.
How the Company Uses Your Non-Personal Information.
The Company may disclose a summary report or other non-personal information to its business partners or vendors, on a case by case basis.
Combined Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information.
In the event the Company combines Your non-personal information with Your Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for purposes of this Agreement for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties.
In addition to the disclosure of information provisions set forth above, the Company reserves the right to disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances.
- It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities (e.g. Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas), either within or outside Your country of residence, for the Company to disclose Your personal and/or non-personal information. The Company may also disclose information, provided that we have the keys to encryption, about You if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- The Company may also disclose information about You if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement or to protect our users of The Platform. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale, the Company may transfer any and all personal and/or non-personal information we collect to the relevant third part(ies).
- You hereby agree that in the event the Company exercises any of its rights under this section entitled “Disclosure of Information to Third Parties”, the Company will have no liability to You.
Third Party Sites and The Platform.
- The Content on The Platform may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. The Platform may also use or offer products or services from third parties. The Company does not have any control over, or responsibility for, the Content contained on these third-party websites or the products and/or services offered by these third parties.
- Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by the third party’s privacy practices. We encourage You to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Transparency of Actions.
The Company understands that people have privacy concerns in today’s world. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that You can make meaningful choices about how Your information is used. For example, when You set up Your Slcket Account, You have complete control over Your Slcket Account.